There are good ships and wood ships
And ships that sail the seas
But the best ships are the friendships
And may they ever be...

Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday Position Report

Music 03:00; 09/05
25 01.949 N
156 52.878 W
Current heading 030 deg
Current speed: approx 6 kts
Waypoint: 30N 155W

I just came off watch (00:00 - 03:00) and for the first time the entire trip listened to my Ipod. Relatively flat seas, no moon, the Milky way spread from horizon to horizon, while listening to "Master and Commander" sound track and "Musical Evenings with the Captain". It doesn't get much better than this. Despite all the troubles of the two previous delivery attempts I couldn't help but just sit and enjoy the moment.

Love,
me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awsom I wish I was their to see the stars, enjoy the music and the company. We went to the "Great Reno Balloon Races" This morning got some great shots. Hope you got some good one too.
Smooth sailing. Tell The next blog.
Karen

Anonymous said...

HI JOHN, FRIDAY, I SPENT MOST OF THE DAY WITH BONNIE,HAD TO GET X-RAYS OF MY SHOULDER/ARM~~THEN FUN TIME~TRADER JOE`S FOR TRIPLE GINGER COOKIES(to die for)BED, BATH & BEYOND FOR SUPPLIES,THEN TO VON`S, OUR LOCAL GROCERY STORE.WAZ TOO DARN TIRED TO TURN ON MY "PUTER"SO KICKED BACK WITH A GLASS OF CHAMPAGNE & MOVIE~~TIL BEDTIME. AS A RULE YOU ARE THE LAST PERSON I CHECK ON BEFORE BED~~~~GLAD YOU GUYS HAD A GREAT EVENING,WHILE HAVING A FEAST FOR YOUR EYES,EARS & BELLY! A NIGHT FOR YOUR "OLD AGE MEMORIES!"THIS TRIP SHOULD BE NOTHING BUT PLEASURE,I ASKED GOD FOR IT. I`LL ALSO ASK FOR A LITTLE MORE WIND TO KEEP YOUR SAILS FULL!
AT MY AGE, I`VE GOT PULL WITH THE MAN UPSTAIRS~~~~I THINK~~~
LOVE YOU, aj HELLO TO THE CREW!~~
YA,IT`S TRUE,JOHN`S AUNT J IS A LITTLE "NUTTY!"