There are good ships and wood ships
And ships that sail the seas
But the best ships are the friendships
And may they ever be...

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

9/16 Report

Music 24 Hr Run = 140; CMG = 1767 NM
2100 position 9/16:
38 12.350 N
134 05.493 W

It looked like for a while this morning that the hi was pinching off to the south of us but a little later it opened up again, and about noon the whole thing appeared to be moving due east as fast as we were motoring - again! Fortunately, mid afternoon we started getting little puffs of wind so we set the old 3/4 oz spinnaker and now we have about 7 kts boat speed for about 8 kts apparent wind. We're going to try flying the spinnaker for as long as we can, even into the night.

The best news of all is that just before 9PM, we made our final waypoint before the entrance to SF Bay. Next waypoint is at about mile rock or cliff house - 550M away. Keep your fingers crossed that we can keep moving.

Love,
Me

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fingers crosses! You are getting closer Hooray. Cant wait for Land ahoy! Have a good day,
Snooth sailing.
Love,
Karen

J. said...

What a great feeling it'll be to see that bridge!

Anonymous said...

GOT ANOTHER SONG FOR YOU and GAIL, JOHN~~ IT`S CALLED "FIVE HUNDRED MILES"~~~~~ LORD I`M ONE~LORD I`M TWO~LORD I`M THREE~LORD I`M FOUR~LORD I`M FIVE HUNDRED MILES AWAY FROM HOME~~~~~
AWAY FROM HOME~AWAY FROM HOME~~ AWAY FROM HOME~AWAY FROM HOME~
YES I`M FIVE HUNDRED MILES AWAY FROM HOME!
WHEN YOU HEAR THAT I AM GONE,YOU WILL KNOW WHICH SLOOP I`M ON~I MISS YOU and I WANT TO GET BACK HOME~~BACK TO YOU~WHERE I BELONG~
WISH THE MILES WERE NOT SO LONG~~
YES, I`M FIVE HUNDRED MILES AWAY FROM HOME
(and YOU!)
LOVE,aj

Anonymous said...

Awesome news guys. I'm counting the miles AND minutes up here in Tachyoma!
Fair winds,
CapnKathy