There are good ships and wood ships
And ships that sail the seas
But the best ships are the friendships
And may they ever be...

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Saturday 9/6 Update

Time:Music 2100; 09/06 Saturday
Today's conditions: Light air 7 to 11 knots apparent, mostly on the nose which means the boat is close hauled and going slow, about 4.5-5 knots, direction 355-360 deg Magnetic. We just crossed into latitude 28. At least it's not so hot here as down at the lower latitudes toward Hawaii. I really look forward to when we can start making some easting!! Dinner tonight: Dorado

Start of our track is just outside (north) of the Sampan Channel coming out of Kaneohe Bay.
Time at that point was 15:15 09/03; daily run to 12:00 09/04 = 135 NM All other daily runs from here out will be noon to noon Daily run 09/04 - 05 = 141 NM Daily run 09/05 - 06 = 122 NM (actually 122.5) Course made good: 398 NM

Time:Music 2100; 09/06
28 31.279 N 155 34.861 W
Current boat speed: 5.3
Heading approximately 355 - 10 deg North, magnetic
Waypoint: 30.00 N; 155.00 W; distance 95NM May pass west of waypoint

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Skipper and Crew
Glad things are doing well. Weather looks good. I look forward to every posting by Gail. Thank you Gail.
Happy Sailing.
Karen

Anonymous said...

HI JOHN~~~AS I MENTIONED EARLIER~~
THE WINDS ARE BUSY RAISING THE DICKENS ON THE EAST COAST~~GLAD YOU AREN`T FIGHTING STORMY, ANGRY SEAS AS BEFORE~~~WONDER WHERE YOU WILL BE WHEN WE HAVE "THE FULL MOON" ON SEPT. 15th~~IT WILL BE A SIGHT TO BEHOLD AS IT RISES ON THE WATER~COLOR ME GONE~~~
LOVE, aj

J. said...

Making good progress - enjoy that dorado! Gail said you actually liked the bad jokes I sent. So, given that, I"ll inflict another on you:

Two old friends decide to sail to Hawaii one afternoon and become lost. After twenty hours with nothing to eat or drink, one of them spots a lamp floating by. He picks it up and a genie pops out. The genie notices the poor condition of the crew and grants them one wish between the two of them. After a lot of arguing over who gets the wish, one of them blurts out, "I wish the ocean was made of beer." Magically, the ocean turns to beer. Infuriated, the other guy yells, "You idiot! Now we have to pee in the boat!"

J. said...

So extremely bad I just have to pass it along:

A boater brings his boat up to a restaurant dock to eat dinner. The dockhand says,
"I'm sorry, sir, but I can't let you dine here tonight. This establishment has a necktie policy for the evening meal and you are not wearing one."

The boater said, "I'm sure I don't have a tie on my boat!"

The dockhand, not wanting to turn away a customer, said, "Well, why don't you just find something that approximates a tie. I'm sure that will be okay."

After some time, the boater emerged from his cabin sporting a pair of jumper cables. "Sorry", the boater said," but this is all I could find to put around my neck."

Sighing, the dockhand said "okay, I'll let you in with those, but just don't start anything."